Thursday 1 December 2011

Thom Gorst's Graduation on 30th November

A very proud day - Thom Gorst, my first ever PhD student, graduated at Glasgow University. I was absolutely thrilled - and, even moreso as my friend and co-author Professor Donald E. Meek gained the title Doctor of Letters on account of his substantial and impressive lifetime's research work. Notwithstanding the rain, it was a very happy day.


 Before the ceremony: Thom and I (above) and Thom with daughter Hannah (below):




Inside the Bute Hall at Glasgow University:


Thom comes forward to be capped and to receive his certificate:









After the ceremony:


Thom, me and Donald E. Meek:


Donald E. Meek and friends/colleagues:



 Champagne, courtesy of my friends at Stena Line:


To The Rogano for luncheon:




 The interior is magnificent; it dates from 1936 and is a swish and very intact oasis of Art Deco:







Hannah:


 My starter - Mmmmmm!










It was a good luncheon.

No comments:

Post a Comment